Monday 28 February 2011

The Dreaded Banoffee Pie

The last time I had Banoffee pie was at a friend of my parents barbecue party and I was about 12 years old. It was the most disgusting thing I had ever eaten (not much has come close since then) and I have never ventured anywhere near it since. Making this was going to be a big hurdle so I thought I would get it over and done with early on. I like the four parts of this pie individually so in theory I should like it all, digestive biscuit base, caramel layer (tin), bananas cooked in butter and then a vanilla cream on the top. Now, I have a sweet tooth, but this was on another level. It did taste good, but I'm not in a rush to order it from a menu in a restaurant. If your looking for a simple pudding to make for after your Sunday dinner then this is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment