Wednesday 30 March 2011

Empanadas

I have to be honest, I've been putting off blogging about these. In the original recipe they are filled with pumpkin and sweet chestnut. To start I'm not a huge fan of sweet chestnut so that put me off a bit. The pastry sounded really good, it's got polenta in it. So I made them for a saturday lunch, with a mince filling, using some leftover bolognaise sauce. They looked good, but they didn't taste great. Maybe if I'd made the effort to make the original recipe it would have been better, I don't know but we're not in a rush to make these again. If anybody makes these what would you recommend as a filling, I understand that they are mexican, so I would expect something spicy and bean filled. Maybe we'll give it another go sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment