Sunday 6 March 2011

Tea Loaf/ Squished fly loaf!


Now let me make this clear, I don't do fruit cake! Why spoil a perfectly lovely cake by sticking a load of dried fruit in it. So the Tea Loaf needed some people to love it and therefore eat it, because it just wasn't going to happen in our house, no matter how hard Mark worked at it. So this loaf was donated to the members of Wrexham Symphony Orchestra who will now become regular receivers of fruit cakes for the foreseeable future. Thankfully there aren't that many fruit cakes in the book. I was good though, I did taste, but I'm not converted. However, in terms of baking this is a loaf not a cake so it contains yeast and it needs kneading. To me this seems a lot of effort when you could just make yourself a nice Bara Brith. This loaf has no tea in it either, it is so called because you need a decent cup of tea to drink with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment