Thursday 21 April 2011

Chicken Pie

This is one of the few savoury dishes I've got left to do, and most of them involve pastry! This chicken pie has a lovely creamy sauce with tarragon, which I absolutely love, I am a huge aniseed fan so this was right up my street. I'm not sure if it's because I baste the pastry with milk but sometimes the pastry can taste a little strange, and not quite like normal shortcrust. Maybe its the butter or flour I use, or even the egg but something doesn't seem quite right. I'll keep trying, I've got quite a few pastry dishes coming up in the next few days with easter lunches so I'll have to push the boat out and use a proper eggy wash to glaze the pastry instead. This was a tasty pie, Zoe is slowly become accustomed to pastry so it might become quite a staple in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment