Tuesday 24 May 2011

Banana Souffle





I was ready for these to be an absolute disaster but I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. I had an evening by myself and Mark isn't a huge fans of bananas so I made these. Now the recipe serves four so I quartered everything, which is the main reason why I thought it wouldn't work. There should only have been one but there was plenty for two. I didn't go as far as eating both though. This is seriously sweet and a bit sickly. It's suggested that you serve it with a warm chocolate sauce and I think it definitely would have helped because I really struggled to get through one. The method for this souffle is completely different to the savoury one, it only uses egg whites, a bit like making a mousse. I think I will give these another go because they are so quick, beat egg white and fold in your flavour so I'm keen to have a go at making chocolate ones. Everything always seems to come back to chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment