Wednesday 25 May 2011

Charlotte Russe





I am really pleased with this one, and it isn't anywhere near as much work as I thought it would be. Lorraine does give you permission to use shop bought sponge fingers, but I thought to be true to the book I better make them myself with her recipe. They tastes the same but I didn't get the batter quite right so when I piped them out they spread so they are massive, as you can see, more like sponge thumbs. Inside is a mango and passion fruit jelly mousse thing, it's made with cream but you add gelatine to it. If you made this with shop bought fingers then it would probably be the easiest and most dramatic pudding in the book. We had loads of sponge fingers left over, Zoe was secretly hoping that Nuzzle and Scratch would appear to eat them up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment