Thursday 19 May 2011

Churros

This is another one of the recipes that I've been looking forward to making for ages, I'd seen Nigella cook them too but there was a problem, oil. The stuff terrifies me, I always have to have Mark helping me when we deep fry anything, I'm always on pins thinking it's about to burst into flames. So I had a look in Tesco and found a deep fat fryer for £14, couldn't believe it, what a bargain. So with the oil heating away, to a set temperature I set to making churros. I've never eaten them so I was assuming they would have a similar texture to doughnuts, but they aren't at all. They are really light, and dangerously moreish, and easy to use. It was quite difficult to make sure there was enough in the bowl to take a photo as I was cooking them because when they are warm they are just amazing. But you have to eat them straight away, they don't last, they get slowly soggier after a couple of hours. A must make, if your brave enough with the oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment