Saturday 7 May 2011

Madelaines





For anyone who doesn't know, these are a traditional french petit four or little cake. I remember having these on holidays in France when I was younger. Sadly mine don't quite match up to the memory. In the recipe you whip the eggs and sugar but I'm afraid I ran out of patience and probably didn't whip them enough, I also had Zoe 'helping' and her patience is even shorter. So as a result they collapsed once they came out of the oven. They look very yellow because we were given some fresh free range eggs by a friend and the yolks are such a strong yellow colour that everything we make with them has this almost flourescent colour! These madelaines were flavoured with lemon zest. Going through the recent Good Food magazine there is another madelaine recipe which has a completely different method, so once I've finished the book I will try them. I had to buy a madelaine tin in the end so I've got to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment