Tuesday 17 May 2011

Peach Clafoutis



Just found this one in drafts from the first book and it's never been posted!!

This is a strange one to me, from the way it's made it's a sweet yorkshire pudding batter, can seems to cook in the same way. I've never eaten one before so I don't really know if I got it right, but it did turn out like the picture. I used nice small peaches as I halved the quantities again to make enough for just me and Mark. If I make it again I think I'll skin the peaches because when you eat they come off in just one big piece. I've seen clafoutis before made with blueberries, which are probably better. I'm not in a rush to make it again, it was tasty and proper winter comfort food and the great advantage is that if you suddenly decide you need a nice warming pud then it's really quick to make and the ingredients are all basics, apart from whatever fruit you decide to use. I imagine it would be nice with apple and currants with some cinnamon in the batter or for a summer version raspberries. Maybe I will make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment