Friday 20 May 2011

Rum babas





I think this is the first recipe that hasn't really worked for me, but I don't think I can blame the recipe itself. They didn't rise, this could be for any reason but I don't think I put them in a warm enough place or beat them for long enough. They rose a little bit in the oven, but not hugely. But who cares!!! They tasted nice enough, probably a bit stodgier than they should have been, but with a bit of sauce and star anise cream they made a nice enough pud. They have yeast in them so they need a little bit of prep time, not a quick pudding, and of course a nice warm place to put them! This is another pud that I've never tried so I can't compare but I would be really interested to give them a go in a restaurant, but I don't think I've ever seen them, too seventies maybe? So from now on I'm on the look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment