Wednesday 4 May 2011

Steak Pie





This is quite a momentous dish, in that it is the final family meal from my lists. When I first started this project (a couple of months ago!!) I split everything into lists and family meals was one of the longest. It seems very strange to think I've come to the end of it. But it was a great one to finish on, this steak pie is full of flavour, with porcini mushrooms, which I quite liked even though I don't usually eat mushrooms, it's a texture thing. It also had madeira wine which made it a little sweet. The best thing about this was the smell when it was cooking just couldn't wait to get stuck in but it does take a while to cook. You cook the puff pastry lid separately so it isn't really a pie but it is lovely and crispy! So just puds and treats to get finished now...our poor waist lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment