Wednesday 18 May 2011

Sticky Toffee Pudding

It's Sunday night and we need a quick pudding, so sticky toffee pudding it is. There is something missing from this one though, dates. Now I like dates, just not creeping up on me in an otherwise quite tasty pudding. I might have mentioned before that I'm halving a lot of the recipes to try and cut down on the amount of pudding that were eating and get through more, rather than having puds in the fridge for a couple of days (ha!), but there always seems to be something I'll forget about and this time it was the baking powder. Well it's quite powerful stuff and these puds basically exploded in the oven, thankfully I keep a baking tray in the bottom so the cleaning wasn't too bad. They tasted good and the sauce on top was amazing, but I could taste the extra baking powder, it was almost a metallic taste. It's awful to say but this was one of the puds that was just a tick on the list, nice but not incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment