Tuesday 3 May 2011

Treacle Tart





This tart is proof that practise really does make a huge difference. I am so proud of the pastry on this one, I took my time, and rolled it really thin and when it baked it just crumbled, lovely! The filling is pretty standard, Golden syrup, breadcrumbs, lemon zest and ginger. I didn't have as many breadcrumbs as the recipe asks for but I had enough to fill the pastry case, so no disaster! If you can do the pastry case, give it a go, it isn't so bad! then this is a pretty simple tart to make, the filling is just heated all together and then baked, after you've blind baked the pastry case. If you're a bit of a non-pastry person then I would encourage you to keep trying. Just take your time, keep your cool and always follow the advice in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment