Monday 5 December 2011

Minted lamb burger and homemade burger buns

You can't go far wrong with a decent burger. I'm quite a traditionalist and prefer beef with a bit of mustard and ketchup. This was lamb with coriander and a raita sauce. I didn't enjoy it, as usual easy to make etc etc but to me lamb should be enjoyed by itself. Don't get me wrong I like lamb curry but I wasn't keen on this one. Mark enjoyed it but I'm not in a rush to make it again, I think I'll stick to the good old british beefburger.

Now onto the bread rolls, these were meant to be the lovely soft rolls you get from the supermarket, perfect for a burger bun really. As usual with my bread efforts they were more like cannon balls. I don't think I kneaded them for long enough and I over cooked them. Whenever I make bread at the moment I always seem to be in such a rush, it's always last minute. My life is just too busy to spend time giving bread making the effort it deserves. I think I'll stick to cakes, much more rewarding, and soo much quicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment