Wednesday 22 February 2012

Scotch Egg

I can't believe how quickly these weeks are going past, even with a weeks holiday this is the first chance I've had to sit down and update the blog. So, scotch eggs. It's been quite a few years since I had eaten a scotch egg and that was a ready made, multi pack from Tesco when I was about ten. Now when Lorraine describes these on her programme she makes such a big thing about journeys and having to buy a scotch egg. I couldn't quite believe this knowing what a shop bought scotch egg tastes like. Well, how things can change when you make it yourself. Yes they can be a bit of a faff but completely worth it.

I mean, just look at that egg, how yummy does it look!!!!  I spread the sausage meat out on some cling film and tried to draw it up around the egg, this is the messy bit and I did end up spreading to thin in places and thick in others.

Would I make them again? Probably not unless there was a specific call for scotch eggs but they filled a lunchtime hole nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment